The safety and health of our guests and employees has the highest priority for us. Therefore, the following measures and guidelines have been implemented for the summer season 2021 according to COVID-19 guidelines of the Austrian Federal Government. These are to ensure a safe interaction, continuously evaluated and adapted to the current situation. Status from: 14.11.2021
Information on the currently valid Corona Stage Plan in Austria: Ministry of Social Affairs »
- According to the current ordinance of the Austrian Federal Government, we are currently in Stage 4 of the Corona Stage Plan. This means that 3-G becomes 2-G.
Therefore, the following measures and guidelines apply:
2-G proof required: valid proof of a low epidemiological risk (2-G: vaccinated, recovered) is required for the use of the cable car and the attractions on the mountain (Summer Toboggan Run, Tree Top Walk). This will be checked at the ticket offices when purchasing tickets. Please bring the relevant proof (green pass, recovery certificate) with you.
For students: If the scheduled test intervals are followed, the "Ninja Pass" is also valid as proof of a low epidemiological risk on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (Note: the "Ninja Pass" is only issued at Austrian schools).
There is a transitional period of 4 weeks: Admission also with initial vaccination and additional PCR test
Wearing a FFP2 mask is mandatory in the queuing area, in boarding and alighting areas, during the ride with the cable car. FFP2 and FFP3 masks with an exhalation valve are not permitted, as they do not protect your surroundings.
FFP2 masks can be purchased at the entry to the cable car building.
- Arrangements in boarding areas: We will arrange queuing areas in a way that avoid groups of people standing close together wherever possible.
- Disinfection measures: We ventilate our cable car cabins/gondolas and regularly disinfect them using cold fogging machines. We also regularly clean and disinfect all public areas.
- Hand hygiene: We have installed numerous hand disinfection dispenser in the cable car stations.
- Journey times: Our cable car has a journey time of 6 minutes
- Customer contact: Staff who come in direct contact with customers always wear face coverings.
- Cashless payments: All of our ticket counters accept cashless payments.
- Information on top of the mountain: Information is provided on numerous info screens, posters, etc. throughout the cable car mountain station.
Please respect our COVID-19 safety measures. We will adjust these measures as needed and in accordance with any changes in the law or regulations issued by the Austrian Federal Government. By taking these necessary precautions, you are protecting yourself, other guests and our staff. Thank you for your cooperation!
COVID regulations for the summer toboggan run "Grünberg-Flitzer":
- 2G rule (proof of vaccination, confirmation of a past Covid-19 infection)*
*Please bring proof (vaccinated,recovered) with you!
We ask guests to act responsibly and use common sense in the mountainand in public areas so that everyone stays safe and can enjoy themselves. Please follow the measures listed below order to protect yourself and others:
Mouth and nose protection (MNP)
Wearing a FFP2 masks without an exhalation valve is mandatory* in the following areas:
- around ticket counter
- in queuing areas, boarding areas, alighting areas, and throughout the journey on the cable car
- outdoors where it is not possible to maintain the minimum social distance of 1 meter
- in all enclosed spaces
- *Mask requirements:
- from 14 years: FFP2 mask is mandatory
- 6 - 13 years: MNP (face covering / protective mask) is mandatory
- until 6 years: no MNP required
Practice good hygiene
- Please observe general hygiene rules such as regularly washing your hands
- Do not shake hands when greeting others
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into the crook of your arm or into a tissue
- We have installed numerous hand disinfection stations throughout our cable car facilities
- Please observe general hygiene rules such as regularly washing your hands
Ventilate where possible
- We take care to make sure there is sufficient ventilation in cable car cabins/gondolas and in buildings
Start a hike only when you feel healthy
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, stay at home or at your accommodation
- Contact the local health authorities by dialling 1450 for further advice (diagnostic clarification)
- Follow instructions: Please follow any health recommendations and all instructions issued by our staff
- Install the “Stopp Corona” app: We recommend that guests install the Austrian Federal Government’s “Stopp Corona” app, which functions anonymously
- By acting responsibly, you protect yourself and everyone else
Please respect our COVID-19 safety measures. We will adjust these measures as needed and in accordance with any changes in the law or regulations issued by the Austrian Federal Government. By taking these necessary precautions, you are protecting yourself, other guests and our staff. Thank you for your cooperation
Where do I need to wear a mouth and nose protection (MNP) mask?
Wearing a FFP2 mask without an exhalation valve is mandatory in the queuing area, in boarding and alighting areas, and during the ride with the cable car cabins/gondolas.
What can be used as MNS?
Children up to 6 years of age are exempt from the mask requirement. For children over 6 years of age, masks are obligatory (MNS); from the age of 14, an FFP2 mask without an exhalation valve must be worn.
What counts as 2-G proof?
Vaccinated: (EU-compliant vaccination certificate, the yellow vaccination card, vaccination card or green passport)
- BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca: 360 days after receiving the second or third vaccination. At least 14 days must have elapsed between the first and second vaccination.
- Johnson/Johnson: 270 days from the 22nd day after the vaccination date.
Transitional period of 4 weeks: Access also with first vaccination and additional PCR test
- Recovery certificate or certificate of isolation: valid up to 6 months (180 days) after end of quarantine.
- A certificate of isolation or a medical confirmation of an infection confirmed by molecular biology is considered as proof.
Verification rules for children & teenagers
Children up to the age of 12 are exempt from the G-proof requirement and therefore do not have to show a test result. For children and young people between the ages of 13 and 15, the "Ninja Pass" (school Testpass in Austria) is treated as equivalent to the 2-G certificate and is therefore also valid as proof of admission. After completion of the ninth school year, young people must also have a 2-G certificate.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
What arrangements are in place in queuing areas?
We will arrange queuing areas in a way that avoid groups of people standing close together wherever possible. Wearing a MNP mask is mandatory in all queuing areas.
Are gondolas/cabins ventilated during transport?
We take care to make sure there is sufficient ventilation in cable car cabins/gondolas and in buildings. Cabins are ventilated as effectively as possible when in operation.
Where is disinfectant available?
We have provided disinfectant dispensers at numerous points in cable car buildings.
WCs in the hiking area?
Overview of the toilet facilities in the hiking area in the panorama map (PDF) - PDF-Download »
What measures are in place for cable car staff who have contact with customers?
All staff who have direct contact with customers either wear a face covering (protective mask) or are physically separated from guests by specific protective arrangements (i.e. perspex shields).
What regulations are in place for restaurants in the mountains?
Separate regulations are in place for restaurants (including those up in the mountains). These regulations are published [in German only] at www.sichere-gastfreundschaft.atand are implemented by each establishment.