High up on the Grünberg at almost 1,004 metres, you‘ll find the summer toboggan run, offering a fun and leisure option for the whole family.
On a total length of 1.4 kilometres, you can take the “Grünberg-Flitzer“ along rapid bends and long straights zooming down towards the valley, and then head up again assisted by an existing lift.
While children between the age of 3 and 6 ride on the summer toboggan run between the legs of one of the parents (in front), children from 7 years rode down the mountain alone.
Delight in the wonderful scenery and enjoy this unique ride.
A photo trap awaits you in one of the fast bends. With just one click you get a great souvenir of your adventurous ride. At the photo booth under the stairs at the entrance to the summer toboggan run, you can choose your picture and buy it for €5.00.
There is also a QR code on the souvenir photo. If you scan this with your mobile phone, you will get the picture to download and a video of you whizzing through the picture. You can share this directly on your social media accounts. #grünberg @gruenberg.info
Who is the fastest? Your souvenir photo will also show the measured speed. So get on your toboggan and start a competition with your friends!
|Operating times 2024||open||time|
|23 March to 30 April 2024||daily||10.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.|
|1 May to 8 Sept. 2024||daily||10.00 a.m. - 6.30 p.m.|
|9 Sept. to 29 Sept. 2024||daily||10.00 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.|
|30 Sept. to 17 Nov. 2024||daily||10.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.|
NOTE: The length of the summer toboggan run does NOT extend all the way down to the valley station. After 1.4 km you will only arrive at the summer toboggan terminus, from where you will be pulled back up the mountain by a lift.
|Tariff Grünberg-Flitzer||Adult||Child||Group adults*||Group children*|
|Single run (valley + mountain)||9.50||6.50||8.60||5.80|
- Where can I buy tickets for the summer toboggan run?
The tickets can be purchased directly at the entrance to the summer toboggan run at the cash desk. There is also the possibility to purchase vouchers » VOUCHER SHOP
- Does the summer toboggan run in all weathers?
The Grünberg Flitzer is closed in case of rain. If you are unsure about this, please contact us in advance » CONTACT US
- What happens to backpacks/bags during the ride?
During the ride with the Grünberg-Flitzer no backpacks are allowed. These can be stowed in the marked space next to the summer toboggan run. No liability is assumed by the operator!
- What is the age regulation for using the summer toboggan run?
Children between the ages of 3 and 6 are only allowed to use the 'Grünberg-Flitzer' when accompanied. (ride in front of the toboggan). The accompanying person must be at least 16 years old. Children from 7 years of age may use the summer toboggan run alone. Infants under 3 years of age are not allowed to ride the summer toboggan run!
- Can I take my dog on the summer toboggan run?
No. Dogs are not allowed on the toboggan!
- Is the ticket of 10 runs valid for the whole season?
Yes. The runs doesn't have to be used all at once and this ticket is valid for the entire summer season 2023.
Please observe the promotion regulations on site and follow the instructions of the staff!
- All prices incl. VAT and in Euro.
- Year of birth stipulations:
- child: D.O.B 2007 - 2016
- youth: D.O.B 2004, 2005 and 2006
- senior: D.O.B. 1959 and older
- pupils (school kids): D.O.B. 2004 - 2016
- Children D.O.B 2017 and after are free, when accompanied by an adult.
- Bus and travel groups: Group tariffs apply for groups of more than 20 people
- Tickets for the summer toboggan run are available at the ticket office of the summer toboggan run (starting point) on Grünberg mountain.
- In den summer toboggan run ticket is cable car journey not included.
- The summer toboggan run on the Grünberg mountain offers space for 1 person per toboggan (one-seater).
- Terms of carriage: Please note the terms of carriage of summer toboggan run (notice at the ticket desk of 'Grünberg-Flitzer')